You've clicked on a link to an event (Stellenbosch Wine Festival) that finished on 2nd February 2014.
Were you perhaps looking for this event?|Cabernet Franc Carnival (Food & Drink)19 May 18
, Avontuur EstateThe 2018 Cabernet Franc Carnival will once again bring one of the most interesting wine varietals to an adoring public.
On Saturday, 19 May 2018 from 11-4, the Carnival takes place at scenic Avontuur Estate between Stellenbosch and Somerset West where 19 wineries will be on hand to show off their 100% Cabernet Francs, Cab Franc-led blends and in some cases even Cab Franc Rosé's.
The participating wineries are: Avontuur Estate, Chamonix, Delaire Graff, Druk My Niet Wine Estate, Hermanuspietersfontein Wines, Holden Manz, Kunjani Wines, Morgenster Wine and Olive Estate, My Wyn, Onderkloof Wine Estate, Oldenburg Vineyards, Ormonde Vineyards, Raats Family Wines, Rainbow's End Wine Estate, Snow Mountain Wines – James McKenzie, Spookfontein Wines, The Garajeest, Vrede en Lust, Whalehaven, Zevenwacht.
Visitors can taste and buy the wines directly from the wineries.
The interactive tutored tastings of the 2018 Cab Franc Challenge Top 6 wines is an integral part of the Carnival and is often the only place to taste these winning wines due to small volumes produced. The tastings are presented by convenor of the judging panel and Cape Wine Master, Christine Rudman. Tickets cost R100 pp extra and a limited number of seats per session is available. Sessions: 11h30, 13h00 and 14h30.
The very popular public 'vote' to choose the favourite wine of the day, will again take place which gives an interesting perspective on the differences between expert and amateur palates.
In addition to the wine-related activities, food trucks, lawn games, background music and a multitude of delicious dining options courtesy of the popular Avontuur Estate Restaurant, keeps the crowds entertained. Relaxing in the beautiful setting of this family-owned Wine and Thorougbred Stud farm adds to the experience of a unique day out.Click here to view this event >>
Not what you're looking for? Perhaps it's one of these:
Most popular on What's On this week
- SA Cheese Festival 2018, Sandringham Farm (27-29 Apr)
- Mushroom Foraging, Veld & Sea / Good Hope Gardens Nursery (12 May)
- Fermentation Workshop, Veld & Sea / Good Hope Gardens Nursery (5 May)
- Mad Hatters Tea Party, Kelvin Grove Club (12 May)
- Elgin Cool Wine & Country Food Festival, Elgin Valley (28-29 Apr)
- Eatsplorer Experience - Meat-curing workshop with charcuterie-master Richard Bosman, Cape Town (4 May)
- Guest Chef Cola at Green & Vegan Pop Up Dining , Green Point (27 Apr)
- Wild Flavour Cooking Classes, Veld & Sea / Good Hope Gardens Nursery (27 Apr)
- Mother's Day Lunch, The Hyde Hotel (13 May)
- Seasoned, Shimmy Beach Club (27 Apr)
- DJChef Eugene presents Tastes of Morocco, Villa Pascal Theatre (28 Apr)
- Aunty Merle, the Musical, Baxter Theatre Centre / Concert Hall (2-28 Apr)
- Restaurant Week - Winelands, Cape Town (19 Apr - 6 May)
- Restaurant Week, Cape Town (19 Apr - 6 May)
- I Love Big Bay Market, Big Bay (25 Apr)
- Womb Of Fire, Baxter Theatre Centre / Concert Hall (18 Apr - 5 May)
- The Road to Mecca, The Fugard Theatre (27 Mar - 28 Apr)
- Afrikaburn, AfrikaBurn (23-29 Apr)
- The Galileo Open Air Cinema, Cape Town (31 Oct - 28 Apr)
- College of Magic's Course One and Magic and Showmanship Course 2018, College Of Magic (3 Feb - 9 Jun)
Popular this week
Events near you
St David's Marist Inanda
Check out our Instagram feed #thisiswhatson