This event (Jack and the Beanstalk) ended on 29th December 2013.
Here's something else you might like to do instead.|My Travelling Bag - Gcina Mhlophe (Performance)12 August 18
, Rhumbelow Theatre | PietermaritzburgNelson Mandela would have turned 100 years old on the 18 July.
We thought it apt to invite Gcina Mhlophe, a well-known South African anti-apartheid activist, actress, storyteller, poet, playwright, director and author to come and share her delightful story telling with you, our patrons. I have included some reviews from the Musho Festival that was held in Durban in 2015.
From a very young age I got to travel all over my home province, KZN. From my hometown Hammarsdale to Pt. Shepstone, to Dundee, to Nongoma, it all seemed like such faraway places. I thought I was the most widely travelled young person ever.
It felt great!
But my beloved grandmother, Gogo sounded a word of warning 'There is a bigger world out there', those were wise words indeed. How very prophetic too. In the past 33 years I have been blessed to travel the length and breadth of this amazing world. The number of suitcases I have bought, the stamps in my passports, amazing friendships. Oh the amazing experiences the countless the mementos and memories that fill my head like an enchanted African forest. The amazing theatres, long hours at international airports, delayed flights, the many cultures and frustrating times filled with fear and homesickness.
But nothing can top the joy of sharing the stories of my people on world stages, the magical universality of these stories, proving once and for all that people are more alike than different. In my travelling bag there are all the 33 years of international travelling. But they can only be told and shared, one bowl at a time.
Starts at 14:00Click here to view this event >>
Or perhaps try one of these events:
Most popular on What's On this week
- Durban Milkshake Festival, Pop-up Society Restaurant and Bar (22-29 Jun)
- The Saunter - Durban to Hilton, Durban (1 Apr - 30 Jun)
- The BFG, Elizabeth Sneddon Theatre (21 Jun - 8 Jul)
- Sister Act - The Musical, The Playhouse Company (26 Jun - 1 Jul)
- The Ballito Pro, presented by Billabong, Dolphin Coast / Ballito, South Africa (22 Jun - 1 Jul)
- Movies in the Park, Chris Saunders Park (29 Jun)
- Mother Of All Parties, Jonsson Kings Park Stadium (7 Jul)
- International Symposium on Electronic Art - ISEA2018, Durban (23-30 Jun)
- Movie Concert 'the Lost World' by OZMA, KZNSA Gallery (26 Jun)
- LIFE Hacking - Isea2018 - Opening, KZNSA Gallery (26 Jun)
Popular this week
Events near you
Check out our Instagram feed #thisiswhatson