You've clicked on a link to an event (Just Jinjer - Kirstenbosch Summer Sunset Concerts) that finished on 21st March.
Were you perhaps looking for this event?|Ard Matthews solo (Just Jinjer) (Music )21 September 17 - 22 September 17
, Die BoerOver the course of the past 2 decades, well known singer and songwriter, Ard Matthews, has been honing his craft and moving people the world over. As the front man of South African band Just Jinjer, his indelible lyrics and melody arrangements led the way to the incredible success of their debut album title 'All Comes Round', becoming one of the biggest selling rock genre albums of all time in their native country of South Africa, achieving double platinum status in it's first year, with the follow up album 'Something for now' reaching the same status a year later.
Just Jinjer have shared the stage with many iconic local and international artists on many stages across the world. Most notably at the Nelson Mandela 46664 Concert, Johannesburg in 2009 where they performed with the likes of The Goo Goo Dolls, Annie Lennox, Razorlight, Ludacris, Corrinne Bailey Rae, Peter Gabriel, Live, and Angélique Kidjo. They have also performed support duties, and shared the bill with many international stars such as U2, Counting Crows, Def Leppard, INXS, Maroon 5, One Republic, Hootie and the Blowfish, The Strokes, and many more. On their own Just Jinjer have performed many sold out arena shows across South Africa.
Travelling frequently to countries all over the world with Just Jinjer, Ard and the band wowed audiences across Europe, Australia, and the United States, and eventually settled in Los Angeles for 8 years, where they signed an international recording deal with Capitol Records and then Curb Records, and played at some of the most well known and influential clubs and festivals before returning to SA in 2009.
Ard released his debut solo album in the winter of 2012 to critical acclaim and also recently teamed up with South African folk icon Vusi Mahlasela for Ard's track 'Umuntu'. Ard is now playing regularly as a solo act, with a new solo album due out in September 2016 as well as still fronting the original Just Jinjer who also have a brand new album out
See the video of Ard's first single from forthcoming album below:Click here to view this event >>
Not what you're looking for? Perhaps it's one of these:
Most popular on What's On this week
- Springbok Nude Girls, Cape Farmhouse Restaurant / Farmhouse Rocks (30 Sep)
- Jolly Carp Organic Market, Jolly Carp Market (23 Sep)
- Andy Lund & Jon Shaban live, Alma Café (29 Sep)
- Fringe Club Nights With Future Nostalgia - Cape Town Fringe Festival, German Club | Cape Town (29-30 Sep)
- Martin Evans / Kurt Schoonraad / Stuart Cairns / Lindy Johnson, Cape Town Comedy Club (12 Oct)
- Manouche, Café Roux | Cape Town (12 Oct)
- Ann Jangle, Café Roux | Cape Town (27 Sep)
- City Bowl Evening Market, City Bowl Market (28 Sep)
- West Coast Spring Festival 2017, Saldanha (7-8 Oct)
- Stuart Taylor / Martin Davis / Phil de Lange / Sqhazolo, Cape Town Comedy Club (29 Sep)
- Enchanted, a dinner-cirque experience, Cape Town Stadium (1 Sep - 15 Oct)
- Penguin Festival, Boulders Beach (7 Oct)
- The Wizard of Oz, Artscape Theatre Centre (16 Sep - 8 Oct)
- Secret Sunset Sundowner, Cape Town (23 Sep)
- Cape Town Fringe Festival 2017, Cape Town (21 Sep - 8 Oct)
- 3D glow-in-the-dark mini golf, The Gallery Shopping Centre (1-31 Dec)
- Brandewyn en Boerewors Fees, Hillcrest Quarry (23 Sep)
- Aboshaar Tour SA, CTICC - Cape Town International Convention Centre (26 Sep)
- Lourensford Twilight Market, Lourensford Wine Estate (22 Sep)
- Wade Bales Cap Classique and Gin Affair, Grand Africa Café & Beach (6-7 Oct)
Popular this week
Events near you
Check out our Instagram feed #thisiswhatson