You've clicked on a link to an event (Flowers for Algernon) that finished on 1st April 2017.
Were you perhaps looking for this event?|Recipe For Disaster (Performance)07 May 18
, Alexander BarA side-splitting musical comedy about a confused, ditsy woman who mopes around, depressed about all her failed marriages. Her Mother offers to send her on a world trip to go and find 'Mr. Right'. Instead, she goes to see her 'guru' and discovered that she loves to cook. What follows is an hilarious 'RECIPE FOR DISASTER' where she accidentally gets drunk while translating her recipe!
'Excuse me! I'm not eating anything that sounds llike...DUBBELZOUTEDROP MUISJEBALLE MET KAAS.' Selma says when one of her ex-husbands wants to go and eat at a Dutch restaurant. 'If the shpoon gets shtuck in the mixer, remove with drewscriver!'
'I absolutely love to write & perform comedy' Says Selma. She began ballet lesson at age 8 at Joecy Pretorius School of Dancing, progressing to Jazz, Spanish Dancing, Contemporary and Tap with medals for Latin American Dancing and Ballroom. She was Miss S.A. finalist and has done extensive fashion modelling. She obtained her diploma in Musical Theatre Technikon Pta & graduated in 2000. She also obtained her B.A. degree at Unisa in 2006. 'I never want to stop writing and singing' Says Selma.
One-woman Musical Comedy • Running Time: 55 mins
Written and Performed by Selma
Starts at 19:00Click here to view this event >>
Not what you're looking for? Perhaps it's one of these:
Most popular on What's On this week
- Fiela Se Kind, Artscape Theatre Centre (26-28 Apr)
- Oupa - Suidoosterfees, Artscape Theatre Centre (29 Apr)
- An Inspector Calls, Somerset College (2-5 May)
- Giselle - Screening, The Fugard Theatre (13 May)
- Kunstreffers: Konsert van Hoop, Artscape Theatre Centre (27 Apr)
- Sasolburg Common 'Birds' of South Africa, Alexander Bar (23-29 Apr)
- Impromp2, Alexander Bar (3-5 May)
- Julius Caesar - Screening, The Fugard Theatre (6 May)
- Bernstein Centenary - Screening, The Fugard Theatre (22 Apr)
- Jerry: An Unconventional Hero, Alexander Bar (23-28 Apr)
- 2018 Ice Hockey World Championship, GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World (16-22 Apr)
- Aunty Merle, the Musical, Baxter Theatre Centre / Concert Hall (2-28 Apr)
- DJChef Eugene presents Tastes of Morocco, Villa Pascal Theatre (28 Apr)
- Restaurant Week - Winelands, Cape Town (19 Apr - 6 May)
- The Pizza & Wine Festival, Vergenoegd Löw Wine Estate (21-22 Apr)
- I Love Big Bay Market, Big Bay (25 Apr)
- Restaurant Week, Cape Town (19 Apr - 6 May)
- The Road to Mecca, The Fugard Theatre (27 Mar - 28 Apr)
- Womb Of Fire, Baxter Theatre Centre / Concert Hall (18 Apr - 5 May)
- Matthew Mole, The Franschhoek Cellar (22 Apr)
Popular this week
Events near you
Check out our Instagram feed #thisiswhatson