This event (Johnny Boskak is Feeling Funny) ended on 2nd December 2017.
Here's something else you might like to do instead.|Tap Dogs (Performance)22 August 18 - 26 August 18
, GrandWest Casino and Entertainment WorldThe global dance sensation has appeared in over 330 cities, and 37 countries and 12 million people have now been dazzled by the energy and imagination of these unique performers.
Dein Perry's TAP DOGS continues to take the world by storm and it set to tap, beat and dance its way through 2018 and 2019. Now it's South Africa's turn to experience the award-winning show that has been described as 'Part theatre, part dance, part rock concert and part construction site!' BBC UK.
Dein Perry's TAP DOGS features high-energy dance, theatrical performance and live music performed by a cast of six dancers and two musicians who will bring the steel works to life in a fast paced, unstoppable spectacular that is the perfect show for anyone from 8-80.
The winner of over 15 international awards including an Olivier Award (UK), an Obie Award (New York) and a Pegasus Award (Spoleto Festival in Italy), Dein Perry's TAP DOGS is a 75-minute show combining the strength and power of workmen with the precision and talent of tap dancing. Whether they are in water, upside-down or jumping through scaffolding, the 'Tap Dogs' have been performing to the beat of their own drum since their world premiere at the Sydney Theatre Festival in January 1995. Success quickly followed with seasons in London, New York, Tokyo, Paris, Berlin and many other cities. A worldwide television audience of over 3.4 billion saw 1,000 Tap Dogs performing in the Opening Ceremony of the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
Produced by Broadway Entertainment Group, created by Oliver Award-winning choreographer Dein Perry, Dein Perry's TAP DOGS was originally directed and designed by Nigel Triffitt, with music by Andrew Wilkie and lighting by Gavin Norris.
Wednesday - Friday: 20:00
Saturdays: 15:00 & 20:00
Sundays: 13:00 & 17:00Click here to view this event >>
Or perhaps try one of these events:
Most popular on What's On this week
- Fool, Alexander Bar (30 Jul - 4 Aug)
- Not Just Musicals, Alexander Bar (23-29 Jul)
- Ruth First: 117 Days, Artscape Theatre Centre (31 Jul - 4 Aug)
- Cheers to Sarajevo, Alexander Bar (30 Jul - 2 Aug)
- CDS presents 'Playing With Fire', Masque Theatre (28 Jul - 4 Aug)
- A Couch & a Piano, Alexander Bar (4 Aug)
- Shrek The Musical, Wynberg Boys' High School (28 Jul - 5 Aug)
- Parel Vallei High School Drama Festival, The Playhouse Theatre Somerset West (29 Jul - 4 Aug)
- Around The Fire, Artscape Theatre Centre (7-11 Aug)
- Raak, The Drama Factory (10-11 Aug)
- The Jive Cape Town Funny Festival, Baxter Theatre Centre / Concert Hall (9 Jul - 5 Aug)
- That Cool School Vintage Extravaganza, Trenchtown (25 Jul)
- The Year Of Magical Thinking, Baxter Theatre Centre / Concert Hall (3-28 Jul)
- Restaurant Week - Dining with the Stars | Winelands, Cape Town (19 Jul - 5 Aug)
- I was born hanging from a cliff, Baxter Theatre Centre / Concert Hall (18-24 Jul)
- Restaurant Week - Dining with the Stars, Cape Town (19 Jul - 5 Aug)
- After Dark: AKING & Bam Bam Brown, Two Oceans Aquarium (25 Jul)
- Thys Du Toit Memorial Mtb Challenge, Hopefield (1 Sep)
- Farewell South Africa, with love Randy Crawford, GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World (23 Oct)
- Capegate Craft Beer & Wine Festival, CapeGate Shopping Centre (31 Aug - 1 Sep)
Popular this week
Events near you
Check out our Instagram feed #thisiswhatson