You've clicked on a link to an event (Festival of Art in Franschhoek) that finished on 18th March.
Were you perhaps looking for this event?|Galia Gluckman / ora (edge) (Exhibition)04 May 18 - 26 May 18
, Everard Read | CIRCA Cape TownArtist Galia Gluckman's ambitious new solo presentation 'ora (edge)' opens officially at 18h30 on Thursday, 3 May 2018 at CIRCA Cape Town.
Running until 26 May 2018, Gluckman's solo features heavily focused and well-developed examples that have taken close to two years to complete. Many are large-scale and mark a developed and refined language of multi-faceted artworks on cotton paper with pigment ink, collage and acrylic paint.
Within the artist's journey from order to disorder [or vice versa], one can sense a deep spirited investigation. Considering notions of self-reflection and meditation, Gluckman's practice illustrates a poignant vision of 'cellular memory, passion and what it means to be human'.
Through the use of various visual references, colour and complex artistic detail, there is a dazzling alchemy of contrasting colours and frequencies. This sharp attention to detail evokes sensations of both pure abstraction and a unique artistic vision of the world around us.
Gluckman's work has been featured in various design and art publications and she is represented in many private and corporate collections in Australia, Dubai, Israel, South Africa, Spain, the United Kingdom and the USA. In South Africa, this includes some of her works in the Leeu Collection Franschhoek, M & C SAATCHI ABEL Collection, Rupert Collection, South African Presidential Collection and The Spier Arts Collection.
Her forthcoming show marks Gluckman's second presentation with Everard Read Cape Town, and her first ever within the CIRCA Cape Town space that was launched in November 2016. Her debut solo at Everard Read / CIRCA Johannesburg will open in the latter half of 2018.
Be sure to visit Everard Read / CIRCA before 'ora (edge)' ends on 26 May 2018.
Gluckman will lead an exhibition artist walkabout at 11h30 on 5 May.
For more information on the artist, please visit www.galiagluckman.com.
CIRCA Cape Town is located at Ulundi House, alongside the Everard Read gallery, at the following address:
3 Portswood Road
Victoria and Alfred Waterfront
Gallery open times:
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays except by appointment.Click here to view this event >>
Not what you're looking for? Perhaps it's one of these:
Most popular on What's On this week
- Franschhoek Literary Festival 2018, Franschhoek (18 May 18 - 20 May 18)
- City Bowl Evening Market, City Bowl Market (24 May)
- Milnerton Market, Milnerton Market (26-27 May)
- Rob van Vuuren, Café Roux | Noordhoek Village (24 May)
- Chopin - Poet of the Piano - A talk by Elizabeth Handley, Casa Labia (26 May)
- OMG Quiz Night, Alexander Bar (23 May)
- Bay Harbour Market, Bay Harbour Market (1-3 Jun)
- Greyton Saturday Morning Market, Greyton Village Green (26 May)
- Kurt Schoonraad / Rob van Vuuren / Kurt Langeveld / Chantal Venter, Cape Town Comedy Club (30 May)
- Wayne Deakin / Martin Davis / Francois van As / Pius Xulu, Cape Town Comedy Club (23 May)
- Stars From the Apollo, GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World (24 May)
- Satin To Sequins – More Than A Minstrel, Baxter Theatre Centre / Concert Hall (28 Jun - 14 Jul)
- The Sound of Music, Artscape Theatre Centre (6-27 May)
- The Demon Bride, The Fugard Theatre (8 May - 2 Jun)
- Purpose Driven Health, Harrington Street (26 May)
- Billy Liar, Masque Theatre (25 May - 2 Jun)
- College of Magic's 2018 Children's Magic Festival, College Of Magic (27-30 Jun)
- PJ Powers, Café Roux | Noordhoek Village (23 May)
- Mommy & Me Expo 2018, D'Aria Wine Estate (1-3 Jun)
- Guy Buttery & Kanada Narahari, Olympia Cafe & Deli (20 May)
- HEDY! The Life & Inventions of Hedy Lamarr, Alexander Bar (21-22 May)
Popular this week
Events near you
Marks Park Sports Club
Check out our Instagram feed #thisiswhatson