This event (Jazzart's Azishe!) ended on 8th July 2012.
Here's something else you might like to do instead.|Village Afrobeat Femi Koya (Jazz)26 April 18
, The Brass BellSouth African based Afrobeat sensation Femi Koya the real makoya launches new album 'Village Afrobeat' the songs on the album tell stories of what happens in villages and especially fables with animals like tortoise, the role of the town criers, village men and women as part of the whole village lifestyle, songs also depict nature, fertility, rituals, change of seasons and traditions essential to village life.
Femi Koya is the new face of the African Renaissance, combining West African highlife and Jazz, South African Sofiatown with a nostalgic Afrobeat root sounds, his music is a rich blend of deep and sultry Afrobeat and contemporary groove. He is urban and urbane World Afrobeat Music composer and performer, versatile saxophonist and dynamic vocalist He will be performing songs from the Village Afrobeat album at the Brass bell bringing the African Village sounds to the mother city Cape town.
It promises to be an unforgettable Afrobeat night as no dull moment with Femi Koya's energy.
Nine Piece Afrobeat band members
African Party, jazzed up with Afrobeat's horns arrangements, talking drum and percussions driving the African heartbeat
Femi Koya Village Afrobeat is Unique, you will be blown
He will be paying tribute to the Late Fela Kuti's Music
Band is a Pan African set up with members from Nigeria, South Africa, DRC and Ghana
Tickets at the door.
Starts at 19:30Click here to view this event >>
Or perhaps try one of these events:
Most popular on What's On this week
- Tribute to Winston Mankunku, The Crypt Jazz Restaurant (26 Apr)
- SU Jazz Band Africa Month Celebration Concert - The Endler Concert Series 2018, Endler Hall | Stellenbosch (11 May)
- Little Giants Big Band, The Crypt Jazz Restaurant (25 Apr)
- Dinner & Jazz with Jonathan Rubain, Pigalle | Cape Town (6 May)
- Zami Mdingi Quartet, The Crypt Jazz Restaurant (27 Apr)
- Adelia Douw - Farewell Concert, The Crypt Jazz Restaurant (4 May)
- The Crypt 5 Year Celebration, The Crypt Jazz Restaurant (28 Apr)
- Unit 5, Alliance Franšaise du Cap (4 May)
- Benjamin Jephta Elektrik, Jazz in the Native Yards | Gugulethu (29 Apr)
- Village Afrobeat Femi Koya, The Brass Bell (26 Apr)
- 2018 Ice Hockey World Championship, GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World (16-22 Apr)
- Aunty Merle, the Musical, Baxter Theatre Centre / Concert Hall (2-28 Apr)
- DJChef Eugene presents Tastes of Morocco, Villa Pascal Theatre (28 Apr)
- Restaurant Week - Winelands, Cape Town (19 Apr - 6 May)
- The Pizza & Wine Festival, Vergenoegd L÷w Wine Estate (21-22 Apr)
- I Love Big Bay Market, Big Bay (25 Apr)
- Restaurant Week, Cape Town (19 Apr - 6 May)
- The Road to Mecca, The Fugard Theatre (27 Mar - 28 Apr)
- Womb Of Fire, Baxter Theatre Centre / Concert Hall (18 Apr - 5 May)
- Matthew Mole, The Franschhoek Cellar (22 Apr)
Popular this week
Events near you
Check out our Instagram feed #thisiswhatson