This event (Shelley Point Flower Power Festival) ended on 25th August 2012.
Here's something else you might like to do instead.|Dirtopia Trail Run Challenge (Sport / Health / Fitness)07 April 18
, Uitkyk Wine EstateThis special event will take runners on more challenging routes against the slopes of the Simonsberg. Magnificent trails with views and magnificent singletrack is truly going to bring the reward to fit outdoor lovers.
DATE: Saturday, 7 April 2018
VENUE: Uitkyk Wine Estate, on R44 about 12 km from Stellenbosch
REGISTRATION: From 07h15 at the venue
START TIMES: 25km: 08h15, 15km: 08h30, 9km: 08h45
COST: Pre entries (closing date: 5 April)
9km – R120, 15km – R170 & 25km - R240
Late entries taken on event day, if available. Additional late entry fees will apply
TIMING: Timing will be done with Amarider Trail Tags. No tag, no time: available for rent for R20 on the day or buy for R100 and use at all our events!
All results are submitted to Discovery for Vitality points on condition you have timing results on www.trailtag.co.za. Results are live to all pre-entrants; late entries & changes will only be live by the Monday afternoon.
ROUTE DESCRIPTIONS: The Simonsberg trail system is one of the most spectacular in the Cape! The climbs are rewarded with singletrack on various terrain and views of the winelands. Top wine estates have opened their private land and runners will be privileged that the Conservancy permits are included with the entry fee. The trails have been repaired and it will be amazing to see nature after the first Autumn rains.
Take on this Challenge, stay for the lucky draw & prizegiving to win wines from the farm and other fantastic prizes from Cape Storm, FALKE & Sportsmans Warehouse Vouchers.
GENERAL INFO: Prizemoney for the top winners male & female on the 25km. Make sure you pre-enter to get the discount and some goodies! A medal to all finishers. You can choose if you'd like to be timed by Amarider Trail Tag, as the results are immediately live on the website. The refreshment stations will have Powerade, fruit & nuts and drinks at the finish for all!
CONTACT: 021 884 4752 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and see the website for further details: www.dirtopia.co.za
Remember to follow us on Instagram, Twitter @dirtopia or Facebook for daily news.
Uitkyk's Wine tasting centre will be open and their wonderful cheese platters will be for sale. Stay a bit longer & make sure to pre-book a picnic for lunch – please visit www.uitkyk.co.za for all info.
Click here to view this event >>
Or perhaps try one of these events:
Most popular on What's On this week
- Cape Town City FC vs Bidvest Wits, Athlone Stadium (24 Feb)
- French Flair Trail Run, L'Avenir Farm (25 Feb)
- Constantia: #Fiks2018 // #Fit2018 , Groot Constantia (3 Mar)
- 2018 Signature Century City SUP Challenge - Powered By Swatch, Century City (4 Mar)
- Yoga Teacher Training, Lourensford Wine Estate (4 Jun - 14 Jan)
- Cape Summer Trail Series® Elgin Valley XL 2018 , Oak Valley Estate (25 Feb)
- Fedhealth XTERRA Kids Race, Elgin Grabouw Country Club (23-24 Feb)
- FNB Varsity Cup 2018: Maties Rugby, Danie Craven Stadium (19 Feb)
- The Smile Foundation Canal Walk Cyclethon , Canal Walk (3 Mar)
- Cape Town Big Walk 2018, Cape Town Stadium (11 Mar)
- Picnic amidst the vines at Grande Provence Harvest Festival, Grande Provence Heritage Wine Estate (24 Feb)
- The Galileo Open Air Cinema, Cape Town (31 Oct - 28 Apr)
- Stellenbosch Street Soirees, Stellenbosch (21 Feb)
- Adam Tas, Die Boer (28-29 Mar)
- 3D glow-in-the-dark mini golf, The Gallery Shopping Centre (1-31 Dec)
- Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Summer Attraction, V&A Waterfront (1 Oct - 31 Mar)
- All The Money In The World (16LVD), Labia Theatre (16-22 Feb)
- The Inconvenience of Wings, Baxter Theatre Centre / Concert Hall (13 Feb - 3 Mar)
- Oude Libertas Summer Season 2017/18, Oude Libertas | Amphitheatre (22 Nov - 11 Mar)
- International Public Art Festival, Salt River | Cape Town (10-19 Feb)
Popular this week
Events near you
Check out our Instagram feed #thisiswhatson